Read article from Dharmic Office of Public Affairs
To provide enough food for the school children in need in our local community so they don’t go hungry.
- New Mexico is #2 in child hunger in the nation.
- Food 4 Kids NM began in 2009 and continues to provide food for children at elementary schools who do not get enough (or any) food to eat at home on the weekends.
- We serve 533 students at 12 schools in Santa Fe and Rio Arriba County.
- The students served is decided between the school counselor, nurse, principal and teachers.
- All of our work is done as a volunteer effort and completely supported through outside donations which are tax deductible.
Pictured far left: Bobbie Guiterrez, Superintendent of Espanola Public Schools, helps pack food bags.
We rely on the generosity of those individuals who believe in helping the impoverished children of Northern New Mexico.